Apparound is looking for an Operations Engineers who lead by example, have a value-driven and end-to-end mindset, set their own goals, make their teams better, and demonstrate Technical Excellence. Individuals who are pro-active, who turn problems into opportunities, and who consistently take a results-driven approach, are very likely to be successful working in our company. Apparound is out to find this type of engineer, empower him or her to own his or her activities, to work directly with his or her colleagues or customers, and to support him or her to be successful.
You will be in a very technical company, working among very strong engineers in Agile Scrum /Kanban methodology.
The main goals are:
- Work with developers and the IT staff to oversee the code releases (Release management)
- Provide code installation to all platforms
- Contribute to the E2E production process of new or updated product features
- Execute delivery of all new software into test, beta and product environments
- Contribute and write when appropriate deployment scripts and code
- Maintain detailed processes for all installations using ITIL and DevOps best practices (e.g. install checklists)
- Build and maintain application monitoring methods and system(s)
- Support and coach the DevOps culture with R&D and CO colleagues (DevOps Evangelist activities)
- Contribute and oversees E2E production defects to a successful resolution (Problems management)
- Write and manage workflow and documentation
- Improve operational performances
- Care about IT Security
Position skills and experiences required:
- Knowledge of cloud platforms
- Strong server environment knowledge (both Windows and Linux, Web environments included)
- SQL strong knowledge.
- Good hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, TFS, Kibana
- Proficient in scripting: Powershell, Bash
- Experienced in developing
- IT System knowledge is a plus.
- Soft communication skills
- Flexibility on working time
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in Agile methodology: Scrum and Kanban framework
- Fluent in English
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related fields
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product delivery
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Experience in performance monitoring and tuning: Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the environment is running at optimum speed and efficiency
- Design and development skills/experience that includes development in C#/C++/Java and with distributed programming models.
- Background or knowledge in .NET Framework, Service Oriented Architecture, SQL and Mobile technologies are desirable.